Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Savvy Shopper

Dear Mia,

When your Dad and I found out we were pregnant with you we couldn't wait to share the news!  After our initial doctor's appointment, we told our immediate families and a few close friends- one of which was your Aunt Kirsten.  I said to her, "Don't worry, nothing will change!  We'll just put the baby in the shopping cart and go to TJMaxx!"  Because that's how my mind works.  Don't worry, I can still shop with a baby!

Aunt Kirsten & Momma in 2002
Turns out, I can also shop while pregnant!  This past Friday was Black Friday, historically one of the busiest shopping days of the year.  I'd been preparing for weeks, stalking my favorite Black Friday deals websites for leaked copies of printed advertisements.  On Thanksgiving your Aunt Sara brought over a paper and I made my way through the ads, cutting coupons a circling sales I didn't want to miss.

I was up and out the door at 6:00 am on Friday.  I hit a few stores before meeting Grandma Snipes at JoAnn Fabrics.  They had a great deal on fabrics and your Grandma had also generously given me a coupon for an additional percentage off.  However, the JoAnn Fabrics in Champaign was out of your nursery fabric... and they told me the warehouse was empty too.  Cue panic attack.  Mia, I have a tendency to get overly dramatic (your Dad can elaborate on this subject, I'm sure) and I knew I had to find that fabric, that day, somewhere!  Your nursery has been completely designed around a 2" swatch of Trendi Sorbet, and I was not about to choose a different fabric.  So I scratched the rest of my Black Friday plans and roped your Dad and Grandma Snipes into a little road trip to the store in Bloomington-Normal!

Hours later, and we have your fabric!  Not as much as I was hoping to buy, but enough for your crib skirt and valance.  I was also able to purchase some coordinating fabric to cover your new rocker at a great price.  Overall, a Black Friday success story!  Just wait 'till you see the finished product.  You're going to LOVE it!

Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment