Friday, March 2, 2012

39 Weeks

Dear Mia,

It feels like the night before the first day of school.  The excitement!  The nerves!  The anticipation!  The unknown...!  (It also kind of feels like it's Thanksgiving and I'm hiding the 10 pound Butterball under my shirt!)

Tomorrow will mark our 39th week and everyone wants to know- when will you enter this world?  Today?  This weekend?  Two weeks from now?  (Dear God, I hope not!)  We're all getting a little impatient around here!

Clothes:  I am a mess.  A few weeks ago I was down to 2 bras that actually still fit... cue an underwire disaster and then I was down to 1 bra.  Cue another underwire disaster and I am now left to wear this horribly uncomfortable torture device.  Yes, I've bought new nursing bras but they're a little big and I'm not really interested in wearing a white, granny nursing bra when I don't have anyone to nurse yet!  My shoes have also called it quits.  My feet only fit into two pairs of shoes- black Ugg-like boots and a pair of black Michael Koors flats.  The boots are literally ripping apart at the seams and have holes in the soles.  And lastly, I get to play a lovely game of tug-of-war with my t-shirts.  I pull them down to completely cover my belly and then pull them back up to keep my bra covered.  Up and down... up and down... fun.

Sleep:  I go to bed so early it's embarrassing.  But I'm going to keep sleeping that much because I have a feeling you won't be one of those champion sleepers and I'll be sleep-deprived in no time.

Movement:  Yep, you still move around all day long.  Just yesterday you went into such a fit while I was at my desk that I had to lean back in my chair and give you more room to move around!  Things must be getting cramped in there but you're still very active.

Food cravings:  I'll eat anything at this point.  I bring 2 lunches to work each day.  I have the first around 10am and the second at 1pm.  I try to stock up on protein but I can't lie, there are plenty of sweets in there for you, too.

Labor signs:  Nope.

Belly button in or out?  Still in and holding strong!

What I miss:  My sanity.  I'm starting to have these really crazy thoughts that I'll be pregnant forever.  I worry that the swelling in my legs will never go away and for the rest of my life I'll have shins like Fat Bastard.  (My legs are actually so swollen that I can't kneel to play with the dogs or clean the wood floors.  When I try to bend my legs too far back there's such pressure it feels like they're going to explode!)  I worry that the swelling in my hands will stay and I'll never get to wear my wedding rings again.  And just the other day I told your Dad that I didn't want to plan on bathing you in the bathtub because, you know, I can't bend over.  He looked at me and said, "you know, there will come a time when you can bend over again, right?"  Actually, I'd lost all hope for ever being able to do that.  Whoops.  

Doctor’s notes:  The Doctor is still very pleased with my blood pressure (despite the swollen legs, hands and face), your heartbeat and your movement.  She said I've dilated to 1-2 cm and  thinks that despite your large size, I should be able to go into labor and have you naturally.  However, she's giving you a time limit of 41 weeks.  If you don't get a move on by March 17th you are going to be forcibly removed from my body. Consider this your two week warning, 'lil miss.

What I am looking forward to:  Your arrival!  C'mon, Mia.  Let's do this!

Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment