Saturday, January 21, 2012

33 Weeks

Dear Mia,

Today I am 33 weeks pregnant!  (And admitting that out loud is very scary for me!)  Your Dad and I are VERY excited to meet you but we still need these last few weeks to prepare.  Since the shower we've been busy unpacking and organizing all of your new gifts, doing laundry and trying to figure out what essentials we need to purchase before you get here.  Here's an update from the past week!

Clothes:  I’m wearing only maternity clothes now- mostly jeans, t-shirts and zip-up sweatshirts on the weekends and dress pants, camis and sweaters on the weekdays to work.  Just recently I had to buy two more sweaters and a long-sleeve t-shirt because the maternity clothes I bought early on in the pregnancy don’t fit anymore!  My winter coat fits but won’t close.

Sleep: Thankfully I’ve been able to sleep just fine this week.  I’ve only been getting up 3-4 times each night but I’m able to fall right back to sleep.  I’ve been averaging 9 hours each night!

Best moment this past week:  My baby shower at Julie and Alan’s house!  A post on that is in the works!

Movement:  Yes, you move around all day long!  I notice it most often when I’m reading my Kindle over my lunch break at work.  I like to rest my kindle on my belly and when you kick, it wobbles!  You also kick me for the entire drive home after work and then when I’m laying down to go to sleep.

Food cravings:  Orange juice.  We went to the store on Wednesday and I bought three containers of juice which will hopefully hold me over until we go shopping again next week.

Labor signs:  None yet!

Belly button in or out?  Still in, but it’s disappearing!

What I miss:  Energy!  It seems that by the time I get home from work and we eat dinner, I’m running on empty!  I haven’t had enough energy to do much around the house lately and things are really starting to pile up.  Hopefully I’ll have some time this weekend to get some things done! 

What I am looking forward to:  Finishing your nursery with the crib mattress, changing pad and rocker.  Once I get the rocker in place I’ll make sure all of the furniture is in the right spot and I’ll hang all of the art, pictures and shelving that I’ve been collecting.  I’m ready to get your room done!

Doctor’s notes:  I went to the doctor yesterday and she is still very pleased with how you're progressing.  She said my blood pressure is great and your heart rate is normal- in the 150s.  She measured my belly and said that I'm measuring slightly ahead so she'd like for me to have another ultrasound in three weeks to measure you and possibly alter your due date!  I'll schedule that appointment when I see her again in two weeks.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment