Saturday, February 25, 2012

38 Weeks

Dear Mia,

We've reached 38 weeks!  Yay!

Doctor’s notes:  I went back to the Doctor on Friday afternoon for a check-up.  Your heart rate was strong and the Doctor was happy to hear that you're still very active.  We had a lengthy chat about my options for delivery and it sounds like your Dad and I have some decisions to make.  I made an appointment for Friday and we'll know more then.  Eek, we're getting close!

Sleep:  I'm still getting plenty of sleep each night which is amazing.  I don't know how I'd be able to function on any less than 9 hours each night at this point.  I'm always so exhausted by the end of the day.

Best moment this past week:  Your nursery is finished!  And the playroom is finished!  I'm so relieved.  I also got a haircut so I'll look nice and refreshed when we take all those hospital photos. :)

Movement:  You still kick me all day long.  I've gotten so used to the feeling that sometimes I don't even realize you're kicking as much as you are.  I still love to put my hand on my belly and feel you kicking from the outside.  It lets me know you're still doing ok in there!

Labor signs:  Still none!  Your Dad asks me every morning "how are you feeling?  Are we going to have a baby today?" and I can read the disappointment on his face when I have to tell him that I feel fine... same as yesterday!

What I am looking forward to:  Your birth!  I finally feel 100% ready.  Your nursery is finished, all of your little clothes have been washed and put away, your playroom is clean and organized, and I've left good notes for my coworkers to take over my responsibilities in my absence.  I'm ready!

Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment