Saturday, February 4, 2012

35 Weeks

Dear Mia,

A few weeks ago I must have reached the point where I finally look pregnant, and not just fat, meaning that now complete strangers will ask me about my pregnancy.  People ask "Boy or girl?" (totally out of the blue and it takes me a second to figure out what they're talking about), "When are you due?" or they'll comment on my meal selection saying "Oh, the baby must want that."  Your Dad and I went out to lunch with Grandma Snipes and Aaliyah last weekend and when we asked for a booth the waitress said to me, "Oh shoot, I just gave away my pregnant booth," meaning the booth with extra tummy room.  So she walks over to another booth, sits down, and proceeds to push the entire booth seat back a good six inches from its original position to ensure that I could fit comfortably.  I thought that was really nice.

I don't mind when people comment on my pregnant status, or even touch my belly, at this point.  I'm pretty desensitized from bumping you into tables, chairs and car doors so people giving you a little rub doesn't bother me.  You still won't kick on command so your Dad is the only other person that's been able to feel you kick, and he's only felt it a few times because every time I tell him to feel you immediately stop moving around.  I think you just like to be difficult!

Clothes:  I caved and bought myself a new pair of maternity work pants in the next size this past week.  The ones I've been wearing have just become unbearably tight (where the actual pant materials meets the elastic belly panel) and I feel SO much better.  I was in so much pain that I actually changed into the new pants right after I bought them during my lunch hour!

Sleep:  I'm a terrible snorer now, and your poor Dad has been a trooper.  It's been so bad that I woke up with a sore throat for over a week!  I thought it was due to the dry air in our bedroom so I moved the humidifier to my side of the bed and I tried my best to keep my trap shut during the night.  But despite my best efforts, on Sunday I woke up with a terrible sore throat and my uvula was so swollen that it was activating my gag reflex and I felt like I was choking!  Nothing like that has ever happened to me before so I was a little freaked out.  After a quick trip to Walgreens for throat lozenges and some glasses of water, the swelling went down slightly and I could breathe again!  The swelling and sore throat persisted until Thursday when it finally subsided.  

Best moment this past week:  Last Saturday your Aunt Kirsten threw a lia sophia jewelry party at her house and I had a great time browsing the new jewelry catalog, catching up with old friends and making some new ones, too!  Afterwards I stopped by the buybuy Baby superstore and couldn't get over how much baby stuff they can pack into one space!  I was slightly overwhelmed by the two-story displays of pacifiers, bibs and diapers but I was able to find and purchase what I needed.  I also stopped at HomeGoods (because I have an addiction) and I bought the most fabulous little footstool and some Curious George books.

Movement:  You still move around all day long, but mostly when I'm hungry or laying down to sleep.  For some reason you were especially active again on Monday during my staff meeting- making my belly jump up and down the entire time!

Food cravings:  This week I craved Mexican food so your Dad and I went to El Toro for dinner.  Yum!

Labor signs:  Nope.

Belly button in or out?  In and barely recognizable.

What I miss:  I miss being able to lift and move things unassisted.  I am really nesting right now, and my need to prepare for your arrival has expanded beyond your bedroom.  I'm now obsessed with the idea of creating a playroom for you on the main level of our house and I hate the fact that I can't just move a bookshelf, couch or big chair on my own.  I don't like asking for help with these kinds of things, but I also know that pushing myself too hard could make me go into labor.  So, I think I'll just wait.

Doctor’s notes:  I went to my routine doctor's appointment on Wednesday and we're making good progress! She said my blood pressure is still great and therefore the swelling I'm experiencing (in my face, feet and hands) is nothing to be concerned about.  I also told her all about my snoring, sore throat and swollen uvula but once again, she told me that it's all to be expected.  Phew!  She scheduled me for another ultrasound and another appointment with her in two weeks.  Can't wait!

What I am looking forward to:  The ultrasound!

Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment